Thursday, January 3, 2008

Easy Come, Easy Go

Our sitter was closed for two weeks over the holidays and Kadey was awesome. We played, snacked, napped, played some more, ran some errands, did some shopping, played, went to see the Disney Live show. You get the picture. Wednesday was her first full day back at 'school'. She was so excited to get to Bernice's house when I dropped her off and SO cute when I picked her up. She was thrilled to be there and to come home, ate well, played nice - basically, an absolutely perfect child. That was yesterday. Oh what a difference a day makes! David picked her up today and she didn't want to leave, wouldn't give him a sugar, fussed all the way home and was NOT going inside when they got here. She threw herself on the floor, wouldn't talk to 'Bobby' (my dad) on the phone, wanted Tuppy (her little pink stuffed dog she's carried around as long as I can remember) but kept losing him and getting upset, she wanted to watch Monsters, Inc (which is a short, before bed treat), wouldn't eat her dinner, wanted chocolate donuts. I could go on and on.

Who knows what makes a child behave like an angel for 2 years and then turn into a little devil on a random Thursday. I certainly don't. What I do know is that she's MY angel, good or bad, sweet or not, sugars or no sugars. :) She's mine, part of me and I adore her. Granted, I do prefer the sweet little cuddle bug I usually have, but you have to take the good days with the bad, right?

Today's favorite little thing: While I was putting her jammies on after her bath, she wanted to play with her lady bug brush. She kept calling it a 'layla layla bug' and when she said it, she rolled her tongue over and over again. It sounds cheesy now, but it cracked us up. Maybe it was funny, maybe we were just glad to have our funny, sweet baby back for 5 minutes before she went to bed!

No comments: